Sunday, December 25, 2011

When life gives you cockroaches....make chicken feed!





So we have changed apartments to a nicer 3 bedroom apartment. That said in our neighborhood you learn that each apartment has its own personality. My last one had paint that was 10 years old, a bathroom so stinky that we couldn't use it, no screens on the windows (BJ has HORRIBLE mosquitoes) and 2 bedrooms. Our new place is bigger (3Bdr, 2 Bath), doesn't get much sunlight, and has better furniture. It is definitely a step up.....but when I took over my friends lease she didn't understand the depth of the cockroach problem.



It has me grossed out. There are people living stacked in the basement in storage units. I am sure that breeds a lot of disease. I do not want cockroaches known for carrying with them disease in the house.




I tried to put down bait boxes, sticky strips, etc., but it hasn't helped....so I thought, okay, maybe I attract them and myself and feed them to the chickens of the local shopkeepers.



So I looked up some simple designs on the internet and some bait recipes. .....unfortunately not one cockroach took the bait....that sucks! Next step is buying a gecko and letting it run freely in the apartment....I hear if I need to get rid of the gecko I can buy a cat....and I am sure that I can get rid of the cat with a dog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment