Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gavin's first love





Gavin, I promise that this is the only time I will post on the blog about your love life...


Gavin has his first love. Many people know that we got into a Chinese public school because Gavin was friends with a little girl - English name Crystal. She has been giving him the cold shoulder since he arrived in Beijing. It has made him kind of sad. We talked about it one day, and came up with the idea to invite her over to play (we had done this before and it was a total flop, but Gavin was up for a second try). It has worked - she is now really friendly to him in school.


She got Gavin a Christmas present (pencil and eraser), and Gavin is now over-the-moon. He asked me the other day why girls like princesses, and I told him how girls like to play house and have dolls, etc. He said, "My dream is to marry Crystal." I asked him why, and he told me, "...because I love her." He talks about marrying her all the time now, and when she gave him a Christmas present he insisted that he make her a princess out of Magic Nuddles.....here is his princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment