Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Kelp and Mung Bean soup....Yum???



Until I started talking with Gavin recently about it, I had no idea how much his eczema bothers him. Steroid creams have not worked for Gavin so now we are trying Chinese Medicine....in other words thinking of foods as medicine.


The doctor for the diving team recommended boiling mung beans and kelp together with a little sugar. I warned Gavin about the taste (really, it was horrible). Gavin has been eating this every night for the past week, and has not asked once for me to put lotion on him.


We have also cut out dairy, made him drink more water and cut back on fruit. We'll see soon if it is working, and if so which of the items are the cause/cure of his eczema.


After Chinese New Years we are going to indulge in Chinese Medicines.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog Jen! I'm a firm believer in food related health problems. My girls and I do much better when eating soaked grains and raw dairy. Previous to discovering this I couldn't tolerate dairy or wheat at all. Good luck helping Gavin!!

    ReplyDelete