Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 Boys, 3 Different Reactions to Seeing Tommy













It had been almost 3 months since the boys had seen Tommy. I didn't tell them that he was coming. Instead, I snuck Tommy into the house while the boys were asleep. The boys went to school as usual, but we picked them up before nap time. Tommy was waiting for them in the courtyard of the school.



First, I nabbed Sam from class. He had a very, very odd reaction. He started talking with Tommy about a toy that he had in his had as if he were in the middle of a very long conversation. Then he paused and reached up to Tommy so that he could caress Tommy's face and put his face between Tommy's shoulder and neck.



Gavin's reaction was more of what I had expected. He jumped into Tommy's arms and with an expression of pure delight simply said, "Dad, I missed you!"



Next was baby Jack. He had been sleeping. When he woke up, Tommy and I went into the room. When Tommy reached to get him out of the port-0-crib, Jack flopped right back down into bed. I picked Jack up and gave him to Tommy, and he didn't want to be with him, and reached out for me. Don't worry, next Tommy cracked open the presents and easily won Jack back.

No comments:

Post a Comment