Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sacking the nanny

Chinese nannies are notorious for being terrible. I am not sure what happened to Chinese culture and why people do not know how to enjoy children, know how to be bubbly, or manage multiple tasks. It seems that most people are content if the nanny is friendly and does not hit the child, and even with one child hire 2 separate people - one to care for the child and the other to cook/clean.

We did find a babysitter that I really felt loved our boys, but she was so incredibly lazy. She would arrive at 7:30, and the first thing that she wanted to do was make herself breakfast and eat for an hour, then she'd play with the children a little, make lunch and eat for another hour, and then take a nap. She would then play with the baby a little and make dinner and eat for the last hour of the day. So I would be there feeding all of the boys, getting them ready for bed, etc. with my nanny sitting and eating at the table. When she left the house - it still look like a bomb had exploded. I felt like I had a guest, not an employee in my home. It was very stressful. So I let her go. I am now on the search for another nanny....and the quality of candidates is so bad. While I was at the agency Jack caught a glimpse of our old nanny in one of the rooms. He wouldn't leave the door and was banging and banging on it. Then he'd leave for a minute and run right back and bang and bang on the door.

I feel like your relationship with your nanny is like choosing a boyfriend. She wants to come back and work for us - do I take her back or move on???

No comments:

Post a Comment