Saturday, August 11, 2012

Go to the basement for the "good" stuff


I went shopping in BJ's silk market last week with a friend.  She told me all about asking them to see their basement merchandise. I got caught in the emotion and bought three bags....you have to know that I have had one black and one brown handbags that I have owned for 15 and 23 years.  So I am experiencing buyers remorse right now. 

A couple of things that I learned from the exprience.  Being in the basement far away from all the other hand bags is not a good way to decide which bag you like.  #2 lighting in the basement makes all of the colors look different. #3 They show you all of the expensive catalogues from Burberry, Gucci, etc., then they pull out the items - which by that time you are mentally in the mindset that you are bargaining on the real deal.  Instead you should be saying that these are all knock offs that I can buy from any of the 200 vendors upstairs.....I spent $500 on 3 bags - what was I thinking.  I got home and looked on the internet  - they are definitely knock offs!


Betsy, if you are reading this you will have to tell me how much knock offs sell on the streets of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment