Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gavin Pays Tithing


Gavin talked to me the other day and asked abou paying tithing.  He was so excited when I told him that he could - he was jumping up and down shouting - Yeah! I get to feel the spirit! He was talking about how he wanted to be a Bishop someday so that he could feel the spirit even stronger. 

As the day approached we talked about witholding 10% of his weeks wages he earned for speaking with his brothers in Chinese.  He was very excited to give the Bishop the money. 

Then he asked how much money would the Bishop give him.  I told him nothing - then he was really disapointed, and we talked about the spiritual blessings of tithig.  The day before Sunday he lost his weeks wages in a cab. So it was my 2 RMB in the envelope - but Gavin was super happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment