Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trying to hire a second full-time teacher


The boys no longer want to go to school, and we had been having a hard time with our current teacher thinking that she could come to work when she wanted to so we went on the hunt for a new teacher.  I interviewed about 20 women. Most were qualified to do the job, but it was so hard to hire any of them.  I do not know the full extent of the issues, but I was told my a Chinese friend who tried to hire a teacher herself that any work done inside of a home is perceived as nanny work - which is considered one of the lowest/degrading professions in China.  So people do not want to work. 

Chinese people are so worried about their image/reputation that they won't even take it as a Summer job.  It is just really bizzare to me that child care is so degrading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment