Monday, May 14, 2012

Visa Shuffle


For all those that have wondered why we have been mum lately (probably just Betsy :P)  – we have been doing the visa shuffle (swear word!).  We came over on tourist visas, that allowed us to stay in the country for a year, but required that we leave and reenter every 60 days.  That is no fun with 3 little kids….so I was told the best way around it was to get a business visa. Expensive, okay, but so it traveling out of the country every 60 days.  The business visa allowed us to stay in country for 6 months, and was renewable….renewable until China changed it visa policy. We had to fly everyone to Hong Kong, get another tourist visa – this time allowing us to stay in country only 30 days….so I have had to figure out a new way of staying in the country for the last 4 months…..so I am officially a student of Global Village School….and I am here on a student visa.  This is great for me to become more empathetic on what I am putting Gavin through daily. Visas have been the most frustrating, expensive, and time consuming part of being in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment