Saturday, January 7, 2012

Learning to jump rope



Gavin has taken worst in class for jump rope….the teacher a couple of months ago sent me a message telling me that I need to help Gavin learn to jump rope….definitely a sign of a one-child society.

If you don’t know how to jump rope you get teased. At this point Gavin is so embarrassed that instead of jumping rope he pretends to hold the jump rope in his hands then jumps up and down and waves his arms, and then he says- see mom, I can already jump rope.

The other day I gave him the mom speech about practice, and put him to work jumping rope. I was all excited and started to count his jumps….next thing I know a little boy approached Gavin and started to tease him. Much to Gavin’s credit, he stuck with it, and then a huge group of kids began cheering him on. I tried to take a picture, but when they saw the camera come out – it turned into a dog pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment